A New Year’s resolution is a tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person resolves to change an undesired trait or behaviour, to accomplish a personal goal or otherwise improve their life.
It’s June and all Schools have started……
Mother’s are constantly busy planning and working on making their kids lunch boxes healthy and nutritious . It’s a challenge for every mother to plan and think about healthy lunch box ideas for school going kids.
Planning weekly menu, shopping ingredients for weekly menu is an everyday task and as mother’s we can’t ignore this task. All kids need the right food and nutrition to keep them physically and mentally energized through the day in school.
In this article, Nutritionpotli shares information on:
1. How to plan healthy Lunch Box.
2. How to bring variety in kid’s tiffin’s by understanding child’s likes and dislikes.
Below are six ideas which will help you in packing a good wholesome nutritious snack and lunch box: Continue reading 6 Healthy School Lunch Box Ideas
Valentine’s Day is complete only with Chocolates, Strawberries,Wine and Roses. These Cupid’s favourite foods aren’t just yummy, but have wonderful health benefits too…
- Strawberries are dense in many antioxidants that scavenge free radicals. This helps in keeping a check on cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and cardiovascular diseases.
- Its low glycemic index makes it a sweet treat for diabetics.
- Strawberries are filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails.
- Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health.
- Strawberries makes skin look smoother and subtle anti-ageing.
- Strawberries help to maintain normal blood pressure.
- Strawberries boost your immunity.
- Strawberries are suitable for eye care.
- Strawberries improves memory and memorization.
- Dark chocolate is dense in substances that can de-stress you and relax your blood vessels.
- The magnesium, potassium and anti-oxidants in dark chocolate are cardio-protective in nature.
- This delightful food can even help lower blood sugar.
- Dark chocolate fights anaemia.
- Dark chocolate slows signs of ageing.
- Dark chocolate are mood enhancers and powerful antioxidant.
- It increases blood flow to the brain and heart.
- The wine is dense in melatonin and resveratrol that are powerful antioxidants.
- Red wine helps to keep the body warm, a necessity in the romantic winter chill.
- It protects your heart by reducing bad cholesterol.
- Helps to maintain good bone health in post menopausal women.
- Red wine is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti- clotting properties.
- Beneficial in slowing down ageing process.
- Rose petals are abundant sources of vitamins A and C, two powerful antioxidants.
- Rose petals mixed with honey are often consumed in summer to cool the body. It is also a good antacid that can prevent ulcers.
- Rose water moisturises the skin and is a good make-up remover.
- Rose water lightens marks, blemishes and skin tone.
Diabetes Mellitus is fatal combination of genetic predisposition and a sedentary life style. This World Diabetes Day Nutritionpotli gives you an insight about the types and symptoms of diabetes. As well as 8 super foods that are helpful in controlling diabetes.
With the festival around the corner, it is difficult to resist the temptation of eating delicacies like ladoos, shankarpalis, kaju katli, karanji, namkeens and chaklis etc. Nutritionpotli finds out how you can gorge and yet keep check on your weight.
Below are a few tips that will help you to enjoy a guilt-free Diwali without compromising your health:
In Navaratri, we invoke the energy aspect of God in the form of the universal mother, commonly referred to as “Durga,” which literally means the remover of miseries of life.
In navratri apart from the fun and frolic of Garba and Dandiya there is a culture of fasting for nine days. These fast help in detoxifying our body physically and mentally. They not only purify the gastro-intestinal tract and purify the organs too. Fasting also normalises the metabolic components and give rest to the intestines.
Is fasting Healthy?
It is an extremely healthy practice as long as you don’t starve yourself. Fasting helps you cleanse and detoxify your body and mind. All you need to do is fast is the correct manner by eating small meals frequently.