Cinnamon is obtained from the bark of Cinnamomum tree. Cinnamon has strong preservative properties. It is also popular for its medicinal uses. It is used extensively for culinary purposes.
Black pepper “King of Spice” is incredibly popular spice. From an omelette, pasta to a vegetable stir fry, black pepper enhances the taste of each food.
Below are some hidden benefits of black pepper:
Valentine’s Day is complete only with Chocolates, Strawberries,Wine and Roses. These Cupid’s favourite foods aren’t just yummy, but have wonderful health benefits too…
- Strawberries are dense in many antioxidants that scavenge free radicals. This helps in keeping a check on cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and cardiovascular diseases.
- Its low glycemic index makes it a sweet treat for diabetics.
- Strawberries are filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails.
- Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health.
- Strawberries makes skin look smoother and subtle anti-ageing.
- Strawberries help to maintain normal blood pressure.
- Strawberries boost your immunity.
- Strawberries are suitable for eye care.
- Strawberries improves memory and memorization.
- Dark chocolate is dense in substances that can de-stress you and relax your blood vessels.
- The magnesium, potassium and anti-oxidants in dark chocolate are cardio-protective in nature.
- This delightful food can even help lower blood sugar.
- Dark chocolate fights anaemia.
- Dark chocolate slows signs of ageing.
- Dark chocolate are mood enhancers and powerful antioxidant.
- It increases blood flow to the brain and heart.
- The wine is dense in melatonin and resveratrol that are powerful antioxidants.
- Red wine helps to keep the body warm, a necessity in the romantic winter chill.
- It protects your heart by reducing bad cholesterol.
- Helps to maintain good bone health in post menopausal women.
- Red wine is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti- clotting properties.
- Beneficial in slowing down ageing process.
- Rose petals are abundant sources of vitamins A and C, two powerful antioxidants.
- Rose petals mixed with honey are often consumed in summer to cool the body. It is also a good antacid that can prevent ulcers.
- Rose water moisturises the skin and is a good make-up remover.
- Rose water lightens marks, blemishes and skin tone.