Almonds popularly known as” Badam” in Hindi are familiar to many of us as a healthy food. But what exactly are the Health Benefits of Almonds? Let’s understand. Continue reading 10 Health Benefits of Almonds
Amazing Benefits of Cinnamon: Continue reading Health benefits of Cinnamon
Valentine’s Day is complete only with Chocolates, Strawberries,Wine and Roses. These Cupid’s favourite foods aren’t just yummy, but have wonderful health benefits too…
- Strawberries are dense in many antioxidants that scavenge free radicals. This helps in keeping a check on cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and cardiovascular diseases.
- Its low glycemic index makes it a sweet treat for diabetics.
- Strawberries are filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails.
- Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health.
- Strawberries makes skin look smoother and subtle anti-ageing.
- Strawberries help to maintain normal blood pressure.
- Strawberries boost your immunity.
- Strawberries are suitable for eye care.
- Strawberries improves memory and memorization.
- Dark chocolate is dense in substances that can de-stress you and relax your blood vessels.
- The magnesium, potassium and anti-oxidants in dark chocolate are cardio-protective in nature.
- This delightful food can even help lower blood sugar.
- Dark chocolate fights anaemia.
- Dark chocolate slows signs of ageing.
- Dark chocolate are mood enhancers and powerful antioxidant.
- It increases blood flow to the brain and heart.
- The wine is dense in melatonin and resveratrol that are powerful antioxidants.
- Red wine helps to keep the body warm, a necessity in the romantic winter chill.
- It protects your heart by reducing bad cholesterol.
- Helps to maintain good bone health in post menopausal women.
- Red wine is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti- clotting properties.
- Beneficial in slowing down ageing process.
- Rose petals are abundant sources of vitamins A and C, two powerful antioxidants.
- Rose petals mixed with honey are often consumed in summer to cool the body. It is also a good antacid that can prevent ulcers.
- Rose water moisturises the skin and is a good make-up remover.
- Rose water lightens marks, blemishes and skin tone.
Continuing the series on 5 Super foods to boost your immune system.
Spinach made our list not just because it’s rich in vitamin C but also because it’s packed with numerous antioxidants and beta-carotene, which may increase the infection-fighting capability of our immune systems.
Polyphenols, potent plant antioxidants, are what’s believed to give green tea its immune-boosting effects. To maximize the benefits and minimize bitterness, use just-below-boiling water and steep green tea no more than a minute or two.
A little lemon and honey can also help blunt the bitterness. But don’t add milk, because the proteins will bind to the polyphenols, making them ineffective.
Aloe Vera is a powerful immune modulator [stimulator]. It has the effect of enhancing the immune system function through improved digestion. Aloe vera acts as a potent anti-inflammatory agent, stopping the damage and leakage of the intestinal wall, thereby taking the stress off the immune system. It increases the number and intensity of all immune cells in the body.
Red Bell Pepper (Red capsicum):
These are known to contain a rich source of Vitamin C as well as beta carotenes. Red bell peppers help fight disease-causing germs very quickly and also keep the skin radiant and rejuvenated.
Gooseberry is the richest source of Vitamin C which is responsible to increase immunity. With increased immune system body is resistance towards common disease like flu, cough and also prevent infections. Gooseberry restores vitality and rejuvenates all bodily systems.
Next article on www.nutritionpotli.com “Improving productive at work”
Our immune system is a complex interaction between organs, glands, body systems, cells and chemicals in the body. This symphonic concert of processes requires proper nourishment in order to function optimally. In today’s world, apart from practicing good hygiene we require the best possible immunity from the multitude of disease causing micro-organisms.
Let have a look at some common foods that have immune-boosting properties: Continue reading 5 Super foods to boost your immune system (Part-1)