A New Year’s resolution is a tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person resolves to change an undesired trait or behaviour, to accomplish a personal goal or otherwise improve their life.
Summer is a period of hot, dry and at times humid climatic conditions, often symbolised by the rising levels of mercury, the scorching sun above the head, makes the body dehydrated and lethargic. The body is in need of foods that will lower the temperature of the body and make us feel energetic. Let’s understand what are best food for summer season? Below we will discuss about food that are a blessing in summer season. Continue reading Top 10 Foods to Beat Indian Summers
Women at all stages (daughter, sister, wife, daughter in law, mother, grandmother….and so on ) have dedicated their entire life to everyone in the family giving herself least priority in terms of personal space, health and rest.
The monsoon is heartily welcomed by everyone, as the season brings relief from hot summer months. Monsoon is the time for germs and bacteria to thrive in unhygienic conditions. The rainy season also brings various ailments like diarrhoea, food poisoning, dysentery and cholera. During the rainy season, there is a high amount of humidity in the atmosphere due to which our digestive system gets sluggish. The weakening of the digestive system, can lead to gas formation and indigestion. Thus, eating the right kind of food and taking care of your overall health becomes extremely important to prevent yourself from falling ill.
Below mentioned are 10 useful tips so you can enjoy the monsoon without worrying about diseases:
It’s June and all Schools have started……
Mother’s are constantly busy planning and working on making their kids lunch boxes healthy and nutritious . It’s a challenge for every mother to plan and think about healthy lunch box ideas for school going kids.
Planning weekly menu, shopping ingredients for weekly menu is an everyday task and as mother’s we can’t ignore this task. All kids need the right food and nutrition to keep them physically and mentally energized through the day in school.
In this article, Nutritionpotli shares information on:
1. How to plan healthy Lunch Box.
2. How to bring variety in kid’s tiffin’s by understanding child’s likes and dislikes.
Below are six ideas which will help you in packing a good wholesome nutritious snack and lunch box: Continue reading 6 Healthy School Lunch Box Ideas
Let understand Seasonal Food benefits this ” World Environment Day” Continue reading Understanding Seasonal Food Benefits this World Environment Day
Cholesterol is both our friend and foe – at normal levels, it is an essential substance for the body’s normal functioning, but if levels in the blood get too high, it becomes a silent danger that puts us at risk of heart diseases.
Not all cholesterol is bad……. Continue reading Cholesterol our Friend and Foe
Water is vital for life and is an essential vital nutrient. The human body can last weeks without food, but only days without water.
Let’s understand the importance of water in our body
Valentine’s Day is complete only with Chocolates, Strawberries,Wine and Roses. These Cupid’s favourite foods aren’t just yummy, but have wonderful health benefits too…
- Strawberries are dense in many antioxidants that scavenge free radicals. This helps in keeping a check on cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and cardiovascular diseases.
- Its low glycemic index makes it a sweet treat for diabetics.
- Strawberries are filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails.
- Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health.
- Strawberries makes skin look smoother and subtle anti-ageing.
- Strawberries help to maintain normal blood pressure.
- Strawberries boost your immunity.
- Strawberries are suitable for eye care.
- Strawberries improves memory and memorization.
- Dark chocolate is dense in substances that can de-stress you and relax your blood vessels.
- The magnesium, potassium and anti-oxidants in dark chocolate are cardio-protective in nature.
- This delightful food can even help lower blood sugar.
- Dark chocolate fights anaemia.
- Dark chocolate slows signs of ageing.
- Dark chocolate are mood enhancers and powerful antioxidant.
- It increases blood flow to the brain and heart.
- The wine is dense in melatonin and resveratrol that are powerful antioxidants.
- Red wine helps to keep the body warm, a necessity in the romantic winter chill.
- It protects your heart by reducing bad cholesterol.
- Helps to maintain good bone health in post menopausal women.
- Red wine is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti- clotting properties.
- Beneficial in slowing down ageing process.
- Rose petals are abundant sources of vitamins A and C, two powerful antioxidants.
- Rose petals mixed with honey are often consumed in summer to cool the body. It is also a good antacid that can prevent ulcers.
- Rose water moisturises the skin and is a good make-up remover.
- Rose water lightens marks, blemishes and skin tone.
Diabetes Mellitus is fatal combination of genetic predisposition and a sedentary life style. This World Diabetes Day Nutritionpotli gives you an insight about the types and symptoms of diabetes. As well as 8 super foods that are helpful in controlling diabetes.