Valentine’s Day is complete only with Chocolates, Strawberries,Wine and Roses. These Cupid’s favourite foods aren’t just yummy, but have wonderful health benefits too…
- Strawberries are dense in many antioxidants that scavenge free radicals. This helps in keeping a check on cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and cardiovascular diseases.
- Its low glycemic index makes it a sweet treat for diabetics.
- Strawberries are filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails.
- Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health.
- Strawberries makes skin look smoother and subtle anti-ageing.
- Strawberries help to maintain normal blood pressure.
- Strawberries boost your immunity.
- Strawberries are suitable for eye care.
- Strawberries improves memory and memorization.
- Dark chocolate is dense in substances that can de-stress you and relax your blood vessels.
- The magnesium, potassium and anti-oxidants in dark chocolate are cardio-protective in nature.
- This delightful food can even help lower blood sugar.
- Dark chocolate fights anaemia.
- Dark chocolate slows signs of ageing.
- Dark chocolate are mood enhancers and powerful antioxidant.
- It increases blood flow to the brain and heart.
- The wine is dense in melatonin and resveratrol that are powerful antioxidants.
- Red wine helps to keep the body warm, a necessity in the romantic winter chill.
- It protects your heart by reducing bad cholesterol.
- Helps to maintain good bone health in post menopausal women.
- Red wine is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti- clotting properties.
- Beneficial in slowing down ageing process.
- Rose petals are abundant sources of vitamins A and C, two powerful antioxidants.
- Rose petals mixed with honey are often consumed in summer to cool the body. It is also a good antacid that can prevent ulcers.
- Rose water moisturises the skin and is a good make-up remover.
- Rose water lightens marks, blemishes and skin tone.